Thursday, May 3, 2012

Class Review

For Alex I focused on his usage of individuals set against plain backgrounds, and more simplistic colors and editing techniques. 


For Carlos I really wanted to make a .GIF, but things didn't work out. So I used this motion shot of him, a sort of homage to his GIF work. He used a lot of black and white and simple shots, much like this one.

For Chaun I tried to create a slightly more unique portrait, representative of her varying and changing style. I wanted the background to be a bit more dynamic, and shift away from just basic black and white editing.

For Ian a did a close range shot, as he loved working with minimalism and focusing on small details.

For Johanna I wanted something vibrant and colorful, yet somewhat simple and focusing on the individual in the photo.

Sam himself told me to shoot him full body, and then I focused on editing in a manner similar to his unique style. The noticeable borders, dark colors, and generally dark theme of the photo were similar to Sam's work.

For Sasha I shot a blurred motion picture, which was her most prevalent theme throughout her work.

For Tom I wanted to emulate his shoe series, while also incorporating his more aggressive and colorful style.

No comments:

Post a Comment