Monday, October 8, 2012

Motion and Night

This is my first draft of my newest series; a combination of motion and night photography. I wanted to go in with a very specific idea that I could really flesh out through multiple nights of shooting. I focused on long-exposure shots of light at night. I had some initial problems with my shots being overwhelming by extraneous light, but I solved the problem by using a tripod and raising my f stop. The editing process was fairly simple as I didn't do much outside of reduce the temperature of the colors and some minor cropping. Click on the images for full resolution.








7 comments:

  1. These pictures are really awesome! The light in them is almost sci-fi ish. You captured the motion of things while also giving these photos life through color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these pictures eric! night photography is very hard to do so i commend your efforts. I think it would be cool if you did a delayed time lapse of a street or something. But good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric these photos are really awesome! no, seriously. you effectively utilise motion and time-laspse photography. the dutch angle really works to your advantage, making it more stylish. also i really like that you photographed the movement from the back of an alleyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow eric these are so awesome! How were you able to capture these lights? I particularly like the second one because it reminds me of watching a loved one drive away but you still can feel their presence. You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have executed your idea perfectly. These photos give me a video-game vibe, like there are bright characters racing down the street. In this way you have transformed this world into another on, a really tough thing to do for sure. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These a great pictures. I love the contrast of the light and dark, how they both are different elements of the photo but work so well together. I love your second photo. You conveyed your theme in a clear yet intruiging way. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very interesting and unique set of motion photography. I really like the focus on lights and the theme being based night time photography. The first image is particularly mesmerizing because I like how it not only focuses on motion but also landscape and street art. Great job!

    ReplyDelete