Monday, January 21, 2013

Edited Series

For this series, we took previous images and experimented with new editing techniques. I don't like to heavily edit my images, so I stuck to mostly simple filters and more basic exposure and color changes. Some of these were also shot initially in raw, my first time shooting in that format.

Crop, Cut Out

Glowing Edges

Crop, Exposure, White Balance, Watercolor

Crop, Water Paper

Ink Outlines

Crop, Poster Edges

Crop, Exposure, Temperature, Sprayed Strokes

Exposure, Contrast, White Balance, Watercolor

7 comments:

  1. i like the 7th picture. it looks very, peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second and third photos are my favorite. The editing in the second photo is incredible, while the shot itself in the third photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By not going to overboard with editing I think you really captured the raw beauty of nature. I particularly like 5 and 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like glowing edges and ink outlines. the editing is subtle but noticeable. the contrast for the one of the water is balanced perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glowing edges and the tree are the most the most successful combination out of all your photo. The amount of negative space gives the photo a spooky mood, and the subject of the tree's branches extends this creepiness inward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are excellent pictures Eric! You have really explored a different style from most of the class. I really like how you experimented with the beginning three images and the ambiguous patterns they reveal. My favorite image in this series is the landscape shot of the houses and the sun setting in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful photos! I especially like your second and third photos. For your second one, I really like how you made the outlines of the tree glow and stick out from the rest of the photo. It gives this simple picture a gothic and dark feel. I really like how you edited your third one as well, because it adds more detail and a rustic feel to the photo.

    ReplyDelete