Monday, December 3, 2012

Basilico Emulation First Draft

Here's my first draft emulating Gabriele Basilico's photography. Architectural and cityscape photography was something I'd never done, so I struggled with this assignment. The first challenge is simply logistic, finding unique architectural areas. I was hoping to emulate the narrative qualities of Basilico's work: as in the idea of architecture being representative of a city and the people within it as a whole. I was also hoping to emulate the composition of some of Basilico's shot: such as the usage of negative space and the wide and removed perspective he shot from. It's just a first draft, and I feel I'll better emulate this traits in future attempts.







3 comments:

  1. I think you accomplished solid composition in all of your photos. you have a great use of geometry in conjunction with the subjects. your work reminds me of basilico and i think you accomplished displaying a culture through architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were really successful in capturing negative space and making it an important and prominent part of your photographs. The black and white really works here and I think colored shots would seem to cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric these are some very impressive architectural observations. The tonality of the church is very well balanced, making it seem grand, while at the same time dull, having highlights and shadows without losing any detail in the image itself. Bravo! you are a meistro of your craft!

    ReplyDelete